Lesson 1 – The Latest in Anger Management
1. Purpose of anger management course
2. Definition of anger, anger management and the Anger Scale
3. Bodily cues of anger to watch for
4. Anger as a lens – How anger influences your perception
Action step 1 – What’s the D.I.F. (Duration, Intensity, Frequency) ?
Action step 2 – Mindfulness with MP3 audio file and MP4 video file.
Lesson 2 – When is anger valid?
1. When is your anger valid?
2. Awareness of how positive emotions impact you
3. Residual anger – Dealing with grudges and anger you just can’t shake
4. Advanced anger management tools
5. Bad is stronger than good – the power of the negativity bias
6. The 4 types of anger and how they play into anger management
Action step 1 – Anger log
Action step 2 – The critical skill of forgiveness. (Includes all slides as PDF download)
Lesson 3 – Latest Tools for Stress Management
1. Learning to deal with stress is critical for anger management
2. Mindlessness vs. mindfulness
3. Stages of stress
4. External vs. internal sources of stress
5. Primary vs. secondary appraisals – how best to interpret stressful events
Action step 1 – Progressive muscle relaxation (with MP3 MP4 and audio and video files)
Action step 2 – Courage story (Includes all slides as PDF download)
Lesson 4 – Appropriate Assertiveness is Key for Anger Management
1. Assertiveness - basic and advanced information
2. Assertiveness scale
3. Assertiveness vs. aggressiveness
4. Aggression at work
5. How to deal with difficult social interactions
Action step 1 – Discover your values
Action step 2 – Self-compassion vs. self-esteem. Includes downloadable MP3 file.
Lesson 5 – Mastering Assertive Conversations to Reduce Anger
1. The importance of assertive conversations
2. What makes up an assertive conversation?
3. How do you approach an assertive conversation?
4. What do most people do in tense conversations?
5. Tools for assertive conversations
6. Ensuring safety at work
7. Ensuring safety at home
Action step 1 – Assertive conversation worksheet
Action step 2 – Radical acceptance exercise
Lesson 6 – Emotional Mastery – It’s Not Just About Anger!
1. The human mind and how it works
2. Other negative emotions that can trigger anger
3. The emotional mind
4. Two buckets metaphor
5. Function of positive emotions
6. Function of negative emotions
Action step 1 – Pack up your troubles
Action step 2 – ABCDE method to challenge negative thoughts downloadable PDF.
Lesson 7 – Emotional Mastery, part 2
1. Recognizing and dealing with fear
2. Anger trigger thoughts
3. Fear trigger thoughts
4. Recognizing and dealing with sadness
Action step 1 – Self-compassion guided meditation downloadable as MP3 and MP4
Action step 2 – Finding positive meaning in past traumas (Post-traumatic growth) downloadable PDF file.
Lesson 8 – Emotional Mastery, part 3
1. Other powerful emotional triggers for anger – Embarrassment
2. Shame & guilt
4. Increasing your feeling of worthiness
5. Rethinking failure
Action step 1 – Stereo metaphor – Cultivating curiosity with guided meditation in MP3 and MP4 format
Action step 2 – Your Best Possible Self exercise downloadable PDF.
Lesson 9 – Positive Psychology and Happiness (The fun part!)
1. Positive psychology basics – the science of happiness
2. The Flourishing Life
3. What are the positive emotions?
4. Difference between happiness and positive emotion
5. The need for gratitude, appreciation, compassion, optimism, courage, and awareness
6. Rewriting your emotional wiring
7. Tools to cultivate more positive emotions
Action step 1 – Meaningful goals
Action step 2 – Building compassionate image with downloadable PDF.
Lesson 10 – Positive Psychology and Happiness, Part 2
1. New positive emotions – fiero, schadenfreude, nachos
2. Intentional activities to boost happiness
3. Awareness of little pleasures
4. Tools for more joy & gratitude
6. Interest and curiosity
7. Creating more hope
Action step 1 – Personal mission statement
Action step 2 – Portfolio of positive emotions with downloadable PDF.
Just one more step to sign up for the latest proven tools to put you on the High Performer path AND receive a free gift - access to Dr. John's talk on The Power of Mindset - The Mindset Needed for Success!
Enter your name and email and click Submit below.